21 februāris, 2017

Lion

Lion is a title to a movie which is based on true events and it tells a story about a very young Indian boy who gets lost and through different obstacles finds himself adopted by an Australian family where he grows up, eventually finding himself in need to find his birth mother, brother and - home.
The story itself is somewhat divided into 2 parts - we get to really experience the young boys journey and then his life in middle twenties as he starts to look for home.


The movie is very good but I want to enhance what I liked the most:
  • The young boy - Sunny Pawar (his first film and first time traveling with airplanes by the way) - such a cute looking and sounding boy! Can't remember the last time I was so fond of a kid in a movie. Very lovely youngster. 
  • Rooney Mara. Especially because it wasn't about her. She still managed to win my heart by portraying a down to earth, genuine person who cares. The subtle things she can do amaze me. This time it was this small tremble of her lower lip for about 2 seconds that just caught my eye. Great. Sold.
  • Dev Patels' voice. In general. He looks good too, don't get me wrong, but his voice..
  • How music cooperated into colliding timelines. This one is a bit hard to explain. If you are interested, feel free to ask? It may contain spoilers. 
There wasn't anything in particular that I did not like. Don't see why Nicole Kidman was nominated for an Oscar for this (can't believe there weren't better options. She is not bad, but usually the academy nominate extraordinary performances and this wasn't it). Otherwise - I connected to the story at some point, felt a bit emotional at the end (yes, many women and some men tend to cry after this piece) but still - something didn't work for me, hence the rating. 

Rating: ★★★½

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru