23 aprīlis, 2016

High-Rise

Once in a while I tend to see some very weird movies. Well High-Rise belongs in this category... Only I had never seen something like this before. What a strange experience I had.
What this movie is about you ask? I am not REALLY sure. There are these people who live in a many-story building (synonym for high-rise). There are rich and poor who stay there and then things happen and everything runs out of control but they continue to be there and I don't know why (still confused about all of this).. As I said, I'm not really sure.
Who's playing somewhat important parts? Tom Hiddleston (I know him from playing Thor's "evil brother" in Thor movies and The Avengers) was doing a good job (even though I didn't understand his character, I enjoyed watching him be this interesting human being), Elisabeth Moss (haven't seen her in a "normal" movie...so I should've known what I'm getting myself into before taking a seat) also was enjoyable and then there were powerful stuff coming from Luke Evans. Sienna Miller and Jeremy Irons also were there but they didn't shine for me in this piece.
What was this for me? Well, it was a very well done but chaotic (I would say too chaotic) film. Directing, acting, cameras, music: all these pieces together made me feel creeped out, confused but still interested in the story..which I couldn't comprehend. Oh, there was also dark humor (maybe the whole movie was a very, very dark comedy, I can't tell) which was nicely excellently done.
If you know me, you probably know how I am able to like movies (and things in real life) which I don't even understand and which are somewhat bizarre. If you decide to go and see this movie, I can't promise you'll like it. You might even not pull through or maybe you'll like the mess even more than I did. Should also add that from time to time I kept shouting inside my had: What?? Why? Why?? And now...what??
This. Was. Odd.

Rating: ★★★½

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru