13 novembris, 2016

It's only the end of the world

There is nothing much I can say about it except that this one managed to hit me hard emotionally.
Juste la fin du monde (original title of the movie. Oh, it's in French! Not only the title, the movie too) tells a  story of a guy who returns home to his mother and siblings after not being there for 12 years. Everything that happens happens over one days time. Movie is filled with dialogues, some of them are delightful even through incomprehension, biterness and not so well hidden grudges. 
I was amazed by the cast. AMAZED. They all did a wonderful job. As I watched the characters I could understand and see where they were coming from mentally and why could they be acting the way they did. I believed everyone and pretty much felt for every one of them despite them being different from one another.
To me everything felt real and realistic at some points bits and pieces hit close to home. That family that was created was just the right amount of  dysfunction and weird and the mother reminded me a bit of my own which is always a good thing to watch, if some character resembles either yourself or someone you know. 
So yeah, that's about it. The story really got to me and that is all. It was nicely shot, some bits were needless, sounds were good. It wasn't like I loved everything about it but I was very happy that finally I cared for the story and characters. 

Rating: ★★★★

1 komentārs:

  1. Izrādās, ka Xaviers ir gadu jaunāks par Baibu, that seems ..like something :D

    AtbildētDzēst