11 jūlijs, 2016

13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers Of Benghazi

What a powerful war movie from Michael Bay!
It's based on true events and lets us in on an attack on a U.S. compound in Libya in 2012 and shows how a few soldiers deal with the situation and try to do their best.
Actually this is how I imagine (and thank God I have to imagine!) some kind of war battle could look like - nothing's certain, nothing's over quickly and there are so many guns, shooting, sketchy people and chaos all around. Emotions rise high more from the inside but as a viewer you can just sense how everything is so tense and hyper sensitive. I don't care for historical accuracy. It felt real.
Amazing and diverse camera shots, charming colors, beautiful, nature capturing sights at times, believable dialogues and what a cast! They are not your typical Hollywood A-list action movie actors and that, for me, somehow gave an extra appreciation. My "favorite performance" star goes to Pablo Schreiber although John Krasinski still stays as one of my favorites - period.
It was nearly 3 hours long but I felt like it was necessary so that they could show different aspects when dealing with attacks. Those hours actually flew by. 
It doesn't come naturally for me to feel involved when it's pretty much a "guy movie" (there was one female character) because I can't really relate but this time I was so in - I cared and rooted for almost every character.
And if I care and can get emotionally somewhere and nothing really bothers me, for me, it's an excellent movie.
Thank you.

Rating: ★★★★½

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru