23 februāris, 2016

Hail, Ceasar!


I couldn't really enjoy this movie. I didn't find it funny (I remember laughing when watching Fargo and laughing harder when watching Burn After Reading). It wasn't bad, it just wasn't very good for me. What I did like was how it was shot and performances from Tilda Swinton, Channing Tatum and Ralph Fiennes.
I read in another review that "It's not about the story, it's about how the Coens are celebrating the films we have perhaps idealized a bit too much (..)". As at this time I'm almost all about the story, it just proves this wasn't a film meant for ME. At least not now.
So yeah, if the story isn't everything to you, you might have a better time with this than I did.
P.S. I haven't seen many classic movies so I also missed bunch of references on them.


Rating: ★★★

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru