02 februāris, 2016

The Big Short

Even though I'm not big on economics, banking, stock exchange etc. (nor I really understand them) The Big Short (based on a true event) presented the global economy blow-up in a way that was very interesting and it explained some of the stuff I didn't get before. Some other stuff I still don't get even after seeing this.
It wasn't my favorite direction (not that it was bad, just not my favorite), but the performances by Steve Carell, Christian Bale and Jeremy Strong - oh boy, how I much I liked them. Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt and others were fine too (their characters just weren't that strongly based) but those three and their work was the best from my point of view.
Even though it wasn't an action movie, I caught myself being quite tense in some moments. It most probably was because I knew it was based on something real and couldn't (or didn't want to) believe that that had really happened. It was hard to see that people could be that greedy and/or "evil" and that stupid (or arrogant in some cases) and not question different things...or choose not to see.
Anyways, it's a good movie to go and see for anyone who want's to have a good time at movies or who wants to understand a little bit better of what happened. Okay, anyone but children. I don't believe children will have a great time with this.
P.S. I believe it's a great time to go to the cinema - many good films out there right now in Latvia ;)



Rating: ★★★★

1 komentārs: