23 janvāris, 2016

The Look Of Silence

This is the second documentary I've watched that's been nominated for "Oscars" (Amy was the first). I'm sure this review contains tiny spoilers but I don't believe a documentary could be reviewed without them (or I just can't do it)...And also, you can find the facts about this elsewhere as well.
Anyways, it's a story (a horrible story) about a family who had managed to survive (not all of them) the genocide in Indonesia. One member of this family goes around those who were partly or fully responsible for killings and confronts them.
It was hard for me to see how some people don't feel any guilt or regret at all what they did. Some of them seemed to be dashing over what and how they've done "things". Always pains me to see how easily people can be persuaded to believe something that's completely bullocks. 
The Look Of Silence is a good documentary but it lacked something to make me feel for the family all of it's run-time.


Rating: ★★★½

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru