01 janvāris, 2016

Joy

"Joy" isn't the easiest to talk about after. There were things I liked and some just not so much and that is all I can say - I'm not able to specifically name anything. Don't get me wrong, this film wasn't boring or dissapointing, something was just missing.
Movie itself felt a little dull, for me it didn't seem to go smooth all the time. Plot itself (it's based on actual person and true events) was very random and by random I mean like where do you get the idea of making a movie about a person who invented an upgraded version of a mop? So this I actually liked.
Emotionally I wasn't able to fully connect to any of the characters but I did like Joy's half sisters created nature. I don't know what was and wasn't true but I loved that I almost loathed Peggy (half sister).
I most surely can say that I've enjoyed other David O. Russels' movies (Silver Linings Playbook, American Hustle, The Fighter) more but this wasn't bad.
Would I suggest to go and see this movie? Not necessarily, but if you do it shouldn't be the worst way how to spend some of your lifes hours.

Rating: ★★★

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru