31 janvāris, 2016

The Revenant

Also a bit late but still counts: The Revenant.
I won't take much space when talking about this piece. It's beautifully shot, the landscapes are wonderful, scenes make you feel cold and shrug a bit. It has a "great" villain in it and Leo's (yes, first name basis) face expressions are believable and excellent (little spoiler: he does not talk much).
And somehow I couldn't wait for this movie to end. I think it was too long. Maybe it's necessary for us to see this long, long journey Leo's character takes (and suffers A LOT) but I don't know, I started to get bored and that is not what I like to feel when watching a movie.
Who most probably will enjoy this movie the best? People who like to see long-term suffering and long, long journey.
I will say this again: It was beautiful (just don't give an Oscar to DiCaprio for this one, it would almost be a shame. To my mind, he's done a better job in other films).


Rating: ★★★

2 komentāri:

  1. I believe the movie was about that long painful journey. It was made to let us know how long and painful it was. For what it's worth I believe Hugh Glass couldn't wait for it to finish more and he must suffered more than you did :D

    AtbildētDzēst